PASSOVER SERVICES Saturday APRIL 28TH, 2018 after sunset
THE CONGREGATION OF YHWH
224 N. STORY RD SUITE #138
IRVING, TEXAS 75061
In response to an e-mail I received last Friday March 16, 2018 I wrote the following e-mail.
The Calendar that we follow is based on the Conjunction New Moon that occurs on the day of the Vernal Equinox or after the Vernal Equinox.
This year the Conjunction new moon occurred 3 days before the Vernal Equinox and thus the next Conjunction New Moon will be April 15, 2018.
Base on this calendar the 14th day of the 1st month of the new Year will be Sunday April 29, 2018.
Based on the two scriptures that clearly state when YAHshua and the disciples observe the Feast of Passover
(1) (Mar 14:12) And the first day of the unleavened food, when they were killing the passover, his disciples say to him, `Where will you, that, having gone, we may prepare, that you may eat the passover?' (Luk 22:1) And the feast of the unleavened food was coming nigh, that is called Passover,
(2)(Luk 22:7) And the day of the unleavened food came, in which it was behoving the passover to be sacrificed, Both scriptures clearly states that YAhshua (Luk 22:8) and he sent Peter and John, saying, `Having gone on, prepare to us the passover, that we may eat;'(Luk 22:14) And when the hour come, he reclined (at meat), and the twelve apostles with him,Note; The disciples did not dispute that it was the appointed day and time to prepare and to observe the Passover Memorial.
Yahshua and the Disciples ate the Passover Sacrifice as required of every Israelite descendant of Jacob, Issac, and Abraham, they were instructed to do a Passover Meal as a memorial each and every year. Yahshua did not break the Law! Yahshua did not sin.
(Luk 23:54) And the day was a preparation, and sabbath was approaching,
(Mar 15:42) And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,
(Luk 23:54) And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
(Joh 19:42) There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.
All four gospels agree that YAHshua died on the afternoon preceding a Sabbath, but which Sabbath "(Joh 19:31) The Judeans therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away."
John identifies that it was not a weekly Sabbath but a High Holy Sabbath Day in other words the 1st High Sabbath of the Days of Unleavens.
(Lev 23:6) and on the fifteenth day of this month is the feast of unleavened things to YAhweh; seven days unleavened things you do eat;
Thus from John 19:31 and Leviticus 23:6 we determined that YAHshua died on the afternoon of the 14th day of the 1st month and from this we determined that YAHshua and his Disciples ate the Passover the night before and in other words after sunset on the 13th and at the beginning of the 14th day of the 1st month.
This year The 14th day (Sunday April 29th, 2018) of the 1st month starts at sunset on Saturday April 28, 2018.
On Saturday April 28th, 2018 We will have regular Sabbath services - Bible Study 1pm and Sermon 3pm, but will not have our standard after services fellowship meal instead due to our building having been de-leavened on the 22nd we will forgo bringing into the building any Leavened products.
After regular Sabbath services we will prepare for the Passover service to take place after sunset. Approximately 8:05pm.
Our Passover Service will consist of the following:
- Everyone should bring a BIBLE, a PAN and TOWEL (for the foot washing).
- Everyone should bring Unleavened bread for the meal, that is
all that is requested or needed. The meal is provided free of
charge to all who wish to participate please contact us
if there is going to be a large number of unexpected guests 1-800-687-0150 toll free.
- Blessing of the Meal consisting ONLY of Fire Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb, Bitter Herbs and Unleavened Bread. (Exo 12:8) `And they have eaten the flesh in this night, roast with fire; with unleavened things and bitters they do eat it;
Gill Commentary - and with bitter herbs they shall eat it; the Vulgate Latin version renders it, "with wild lettuces", which are very bitter; and the worst sort of which, for bitterness, Pliny says (p), is what they call "picris", which has its name from the bitterness of it, and is the same by which the Septuagint render the word here: the Targum of Jonathan is,"with horehound and endive they shall eat it;''and so the Targum on Son_2:9. Wild endive; of which Pliny says (q), there is a wild endive, which in Egypt they call cichory, and bids fair to be one of these herbs; according to the Misnah (r) and Maimonides (s), there were five sorts of them, and anyone, or all of them, might be eaten; their names with both are these, Chazoreth, Ulshin, Thamcah, Charcabinah, and Maror; the four first of which may be the wild lettuce, endive, horehound, or perhaps "tansie"; and cichory the last. Maror has its name from bitterness, and is by the Misnic commentators (t) said to be a sort of the most bitter coriander; it seems to be the same with "picris": but whatever they were, for it is uncertain what they were, they were expressive of the bitter afflictions of the children of Israel in Egypt, with which their lives were made bitter; and of those bitter afflictions and persecutions in the world, which they that will live godly in Christ Jesus must expect to endure; as well as they may signify that as a crucified Christ must be looked upon, and lived upon by faith, so with mourning and humiliation for sin, and with true repentance for it as an evil and bitter thing, see Zec_12:10.
- While Eating the meal the 12th chapter of Exodus is read.
- When the meal has ended we then do the New Covenant footwashing (men wash men's feet and women was women's feet , note: we allow children to participate in the foot washing but not the bread and wine- the bread and wine is reserved to adults 20 and older.)
- While reading the appropriate scriptures ( all males who
are willing to read will be assigned verses to read out loud)
John chapters 13-17.
- Blessing of the Unleavened Bread representing the Body of the
Messiah.(Luk 22:19) And he took bread, and gave thanks, and
brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is
given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
- Blessing of the Wine (tsp red wine, not grape juice) representing the Blood of the Messiah.(Mat 26:28) For this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
- Finish reading John chapter 17 - Sing a Hymn and dismiss everyone to their homes.
Additional Questions? Call toll free 1-800-687-0150
LINK FOR A LISTING OF PROHIBITED LEAVENING AGENTS